Tuesday 19 March 2019

IDIOSYNCRASIES OF A TWENTY-SOMETHING MIND

What to do? Who to be? And how to be it?

I want to be nothing but myself. But who am I? Is it my definition of me? Or should I let the people around me define me?
Should I be passionate about my beliefs, irrespective of their confirmation in the minds of others? Or should I let the popular vote sway me?

Is there just black and white? Right and wrong? What if I exist in the grey area? Or better yet.. the 'rainbow land'.. where everything is rosy and colorful and people still believe in fairy tales and the immensity of love. Does that make me a romantic or a fool?

Who said I have to decide one way or the other? When has it to be this or that? Why can't I believe in both sides of the coin and enjoy the contradictions of my own mind? After all, intelligence is the ability to retain opposite ideas in the mind and still be able to function.

So why should I always try to label everything? Why should I try to fit in with the crowd, when standing out is so much more fun!!



~November, 2010

No comments:

Post a Comment